What makes a good cooling pad?
- The wetted surface area of the pad to airflow ratio
should be as large as possible.
- The cooling pad should not act as a filter, as this will cause a drop
in evaporative efficiency and supply airflow.
- Pads should be able to cope with high water flow rates in order for
the water to trap dust and other solids.
- A low resistance to airflow means low power consumption.
- Water flow down the pad should be uniform.
- Water should adhere to the pads and not drop off and be carried into
- Cooling pads should remain rigid, and should not sag or loose shape.
- Pads should be treated against UV degradation and
should not rot as this leads to bacterial growth and odours.
All Cool Breeze units are fitted standard with the latest
high quality Evaporative Cooling pads.
Our Evaporative Cooling
pads are high quality pads constructed from fluted cellulose paper sheets that have been
glued and impregnated with a unique formulation that allows the pads to have a high
structural integrity as well as high evaporation efficiency performance when exposed to
unique design allows for a low pressure drop across the pad whilst achieving a high
cooling efficiency. The pad is designed to be
self-cleaning and will retain its rigid structure when exposed to water making it
extremely durable. Our pads are
able to achieve exceptional wetting abilities to allow for optimal cooling effect in the
most economic and environmentally friendly way.
NOTE: We can supply replacement pads for all Cool Breeze coolers
as well as other makes of coolers and larger pads for Wet Wall Applications. For
more information please click here to visit our Cooling Pads website.